Title: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Developer: Game Freak Publisher: The Pokemon Company, Nintendo Platforms: Nintendo DS Release date: September 12, 2009 (Japan) March 14, 2010 (North America) March 26, 2010 (Europe) March 25, 2010 (Australia) Game rating: 9.0/10 (IGN)
CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW TO VIEW OUR GAMING GUIDE FOR HELPFUL INFORMATION, TRICKS, TIPS AND MORE
One of the most exciting features of the game is the ability to have a Pokemon follow the player character around on the overworld, which adds a new level of immersion and attachment to the Pokemon. Additionally, the game includes the Pokewalker, a pedometer device that players can use to transfer Pokemon from the game to the device and vice versa, as well as earn items and level up Pokemon while on the go.
Overall, Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver are excellent remakes that capture the magic of the original games while adding new features and improvements. The games offer countless hours of gameplay and nostalgia for both old and new players alike.
- Remakes of Classic Games: Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes of the classic Pokemon Gold and Silver games, which were originally released in 1999.
- Two Regions to Explore: In these games, players can explore both the Johto and Kanto regions, allowing for a more expansive and varied gameplay experience.
- Enhanced Graphics and Features: HeartGold and SoulSilver boast enhanced graphics, as well as new features like the Pokeathlon, which lets players compete in various Pokemon-themed events.
- Pokemon Following Feature: One of the most beloved features in HeartGold and SoulSilver is the ability to have a Pokemon follow the player character, similar to Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow.
- Legendary Pokemon: These games feature many legendary Pokemon, including Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the three legendary dogs, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.
- Connection with Other Games: HeartGold and SoulSilver can be connected with other games in the Pokemon series, such as Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, allowing for trading and battling with friends.
- Increased Difficulty: These games offer a greater challenge than previous Pokemon titles, with gym leaders having higher-leveled Pokemon and a wider variety of moves.
- Pokewalker Accessory: Along with the games, players received the Pokewalker accessory, a pedometer that allows them to take a Pokemon with them as they walk in the real world and gain experience points and items.
- Pokegear: The Pokegear is a device that helps players keep track of their progress, including a map, a phone, and a radio that plays music from the game.
- Music: The soundtrack for HeartGold and SoulSilver is highly regarded among fans, with many classic themes from the original games being remixed and updated.