Title: Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Developer: Game Freak
Publisher: Nintendo and The Pokémon Company
Platforms: Nintendo Switch
Release date: November 18th, 2022
Game rating: E – Everyone
IGN Game Score: 7
CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW TO VIEW OUR GAMING GUIDE FOR HELPFUL INFORMATION, TRICKS, TIPS AND MORE!
- Paldea Region: Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is set in the Paldea region, which is based on Spain.
- New Pokemon: The game features new Pokemon, including the starter Pokemon Sprigatito, Fuecoco,
- Auto Battle system: A New battle mechanic where one of the player’s Pokemon can fight a wild Pokemon without any input.
- Terastal phenomenon: the Terastal phenomenon is the latest addition, which makes Pokemon look like sparkling jewels.
- Customization: The game allows players to customize their character’s appearance and style.
- Wild Area: A large open area between cities that allows for free exploration and wild Pokemonencounters.
- Multiplayer Options: Players can connect with other trainers to battle, trade, and participate in Raids together.
In Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, players will attend either Naranja or Uva Academy and participate in the annual Treasure Hunt alongside a legendary Pokémon that has lost its battling abilities. The game offers three different storylines: Victory Road, Starfall Street, and Path of Legends. In Victory Road, players must defeat the leaders of all eight of the Paldea region’s Pokémon Gyms to reach Champion rank and defeat the region’s Elite Four and Top Champion Geeta. In Starfall Street, players must help a shy schoolgirl stand up against Team Star, a group responsible for academy bullying, and eventually disband the group. In Path of Legends, players must locate five legendary Herba Mystica to restore the health of a pet and face a final battle against Arven.
The final story sees players shutting down a time machine that is causing problems in Paldea’s ecology. Along the way, they encounter Paradox Pokémon and discover that the professor is an AI substitute for the true professor, who was killed in a laboratory incident. The AI urges the player to shut down the time machine to preserve Paldea’s ecology, though it is forced by its programming to battle the player.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet offer an open world for players to explore and have 110 new Pokémon and two regional variants, with the ability to encounter time-displaced Paradox Pokémon and use the Terastal phenomenon to transform creatures into “Tera Type” Pokémon. The games were praised for their engaging stories and open world design but received criticism for graphics and technical issues at launch. Despite this, they sold over 10 million copies within the first three days of release, setting a new record for Nintendo’s biggest launch. By the end of 2022, the games had sold over 20 million copies combined, making them the fourth best-selling Pokémon games of all time.